Icarus Unlimited Sept 6, 2012 22:18:39 GMT
Post by vegas on Sept 6, 2012 22:18:39 GMT
Icarus Unlimited, located in the country of Konsorhaven on the continent of Ureldas, was a huge superpower of Eden, and now the New World. Fundamentally the company focuses on “Green” technology to better serve and improve the environment, though in more recent years it has also branched out into several other areas such as Housing and technology to improve the everyday lives of the planets population. Boasting some of the most advanced technology of Eden, at least ten to twenty years more advanced than any of their competitors, Icarus Unlimited has become a household name across the globe, and has been acclaimed by several countries for their groundbreaking environmental technology that has forever changed the world.
However, with countless office, media orientated, and countless research and scientific teams, Icarus Unlimited does not simply dabble in the development of technology, and despite their commercial success in this regards it is little more than a easing political front for the main focus of the company. The company holds claim over the worlds largest PMC (Private Military Company), which in turn grants them a huge sum of power over Konsorhaven and much of the world. Within this PMC resides several layers, units with specific units that are designated for very specific tasks, responsibilities and missions:
- Widespread Investigative Network and Generalised Security, designated WINGS, they are “grunts” of the PMC and the company. Often given the menial jobs, such as guard work for Headquarters and other Icarus Unlimited buildings across the globe, the WINGS are held in low regard by the more advanced units like the ANGELS, though the ANGELS 2nd Class members are often recruited from within the WINGS. With a generalised uniform for all members, a green combat suit matching the colours of the company, they are the symbol of discipline and are skilled in basic combat.
- Assigned Negotiation and Greater Elite Leading Soldiers, designated ANGELS, they are the “public face” of the PMC for the company. Wherever there is an interview or television segment for the company, you will always find a member of ANGELS involved, which often leads to them being incredibly smug about their position. As such they are usually allowed to customise their appearances and armour to suit whatever style they prefer. The elite most unit, with a 2nd and 1st class below them in the ranks (often affectionately, but un-officially, referred to as Sparrows and Eagles), they are far from useless and can boast tremendous skill in battle having gone through vigorous intensive training.
- Tactical Assault and Lethal Organism Neutralisation Squad
[/li][/ul]Since the creation of the New World, Icarus Unlimited has seen itself contested in terms of advanced technology by the Norian race known as the Pariahim from the country of The Void, on the neighbouring continent of Akralier. Not only this but with so much uncharted land, new governments in play and an invading force attacking at random intervals, the company has been frantically sending out forces to battle the attackers and forge new friendships and trade agreements with the new powers of the world. Ever stretching for new power.
Now, if you’re interested in taking up and creating a Custom Character within the Icarus Unlimited company, we do ask that you take these few rules and guidelines into consideration!
1) No Ki Wielding Gods.[/b] The people of Icarus Unlimited are not all-powerful, that’s not what they’re all about. Yes they’re more powerful than average Humans, with wonderful abilities that allow them to go at least compete with some of the hugely powerful Ki wielders of the planet, but that’s as far as it goes. Being of Icarus Unlimited is about being the “Underdog” and being creative enough to scrape a victory when events seem dire and lost. Against the likes of a Saiyan Super-Power the likes of even members of the TALONS or ANGELS would likely not last very long using their abilities, not without using their heads. Check out either Vegas’ or Jones’ applications to get a rough idea of what we mean in terms of abilities.
2) Be Interesting![/b] What’s the point in an uninteresting Mary Sue character? We like people with quirks, people who’ll add to the insanity and general shenanigans that we already have going. This doesn’t mean they can’t be serious, far from it, just make them interesting and different! A few odd personality traits or hobbies, for example. And please, no Siayans or crazy races. This is a Human company that hasn’t got any super powered people, but rather some select individuals with mutant-like powers (in teams such as the ANGELS and TALONS). Lets keep it to races of the planet (Eden and Norian races) and realistic - well, within reason.
3) No Crazy Strong Weapons![/b] While WINGS are giving standard company weapons in the form of a rifle and knife-stick, members of ANGELS and TALONS are allowed to use their own weapons. These can be enchanted, special in some way, or they can be completely ordinary. However, they cannot be extremely overpowered or mystical, such as swords that can slice through buildings. That sort of thing doesn’t mesh well with Rule 1.
4) Titles[/b] are generally given to the members of TALONS, and while they are not official they are sometimes used in an official manner on missions; an example of this is that Jones and Vegas are often referred to as ‘The Fury & The Metal’ by the men. While actual names are never used, often hidden even on personal files, codenames always replaced them, such as Vegas and Jones; these are not their real names. ANGELS are far too smug and always use their real names, while WINGS are too low to be of importance.
5) Vegas & Jones[/b] are a closely knit team, a partnership that even other members of the TALONS have not been able to penetrate. Keeping themselves mainly to themselves, besides when ordered otherwise, the two tend not to always socialise with other team-mates. So do not expect them to like you a lot, especially if you’re one of the ANGELS.
So if you’re interested in taking one a role and representing Icarus Unlimted, a constantly growing and developing company, and you feel you can create a character that fits these rules and guidelines, then what are you waiting for!? Lets hear about your interest and see some character apps!